Muzip is an archiver which supports many formats: Zip, Tar, GZip, UUE…
Muzip main window
Muzip toolbar with all available buttons
Here are the main features of Muzip:
- All formats are available for reading and writing: you can uncompress but create your own archives too in Zip, Tar, GZip and UUE formats!
- In an add request, you can compress a whole directory without particular files or sub-directories.
- Muzip displays the directories tree as the Explorer, whereas WinZip only has a simple list.
- The files and directories can be manipulated using various functions: you can add, delete, copy, move, rename, and create sub-directories…
- The selected file content is always visible in a preview area, which supports many formats.
- You can list the contents of an archive using various formats: plain text, HTML, CSV…
- Using scripts you can do a complex backup in a single click. With the Windows Task Scheduler you will even be able to do it automatically!
- An exclusive feature: it is possible to build the archive manually and not at each modification. This is very useful when you manipulate very big archives: with other compressors, each time you delete a single file, the whole archive is regenerated, which takes a lot of time. With the manual rebuild, you can make all modifications you want, and apply them at once. Muzip can even automatically switch to manual rebuild when the archive has a big size!
- Creation of very small self-extracting archives: with less than 16 Kb in addition of the Zip archive size, any Windows user can uncompress your archive without specific software.
- Muzip has a complete support of drag and drop: compress, move or copy the files of an archive with a single drag and drop
- Muzip is reachable in the Explorer context menu: you can compress files and folders and uncompress archives without needing to launch Muzip.
- Whereas many archivers only have a basic set of options, Muzip offers extended compression settings. You can compress an entire directory without only certain files, use a separate compression rate according to the files type, and more. Click here for more details.
See the history for more information about Muzip versions.
Comments are now closed and replaced with a Google Group forum:
Visit UtilFr forum
Vous pouvez y poser vos questions, consulter les astuces proposées par les utilisateurs, ou encore vous inscrire au groupe pour suivre toutes les discussions.
61 – Anonyme
– 24 October 2008, 14:33
62 – Anonyme
– 2 November 2008, 20:10
je vous remercie pour tous
63 – Anonymous
– 3 November 2008, 10:25
64 – bilwil
– 6 November 2008, 14:01
65 – Anonyme
– 8 November 2008, 14:16
66 – Anonyme
– 10 November 2008, 19:36
67 – desnoyer
– 10 November 2008, 19:43
merci pour les coloriages
68 – sawado90
– 11 November 2008, 00:31
salut moi ser ibrahim
69 – antoine godbout
– 11 November 2008, 17:11
je veux savoire si ons peux charger sur un mac osx
je desire a voir une reponse le plus vite posible
70 – G. Ryder (auteur)
– 11 November 2008, 17:14
antoine godbout >
Muzip est un programme Windows uniquement. Aucune version Mac n'est et ne sera disponible.
71 – Micheline
– 29 November 2008, 01:17
Merci ca fait longtemp que je voulait ce fichier
72 – michel
– 29 November 2008, 10:57
merci;je vais tester
73 – palé
– 29 November 2008, 22:31
Bienvenue sur muzip
74 – Anonyme
– 2 December 2008, 18:14
75 – Anonyme
– 3 December 2008, 17:03
merci b du votre attention
76 – ANTOINE
– 6 December 2008, 13:58
77 – redoine
– 12 December 2008, 17:29
merci je suis tres emu